BEFORE:
Light tan walls
Blah Pillows
Oak Blinds
We weren't loving the oak, so we meticulously cleaned then spray painted all the blinds throughout our whole house. It took about 22 spray paint cans to do them all! Truman did most of the work but I did tons of blind cleaning and prep work.
Moving the furniture to the center of the room getting ready to paint. You can see the gray sample paint on the wall and our freshly spray painted white blinds.
Before: Light Tan After: Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter
AFTER:
I love how crisp and clean it turned out. I've had this Ballard canvas painting for a long time and since it has a creamy background, I knew I wanted more of a contrast for it's backdrop. I am really into this whole greige thing that's been going around too. I looked on design blogs for months to try to decide what I wanted to paint our walls and I kept coming back to this warm gray by Benjamin Moore. During the natural light of the day it almost looks like a beige and at night more gray with warm undertones. It took us three nights of painting and in addition I touched up all the baseboards. A lot of work, but so worth it. We also bought this ottoman which makes the room feel more complete and I'm loving the four drawers of storage for all Elle's toys. The best part is that it's super cooshy so she can't hurt herself on it now that she's pulling up on things.
We finally got to put our curtains up since we are officially finished painting. These beauties were a great deal at Anthropologie and they're even prettier in person with the mustard gold geometric design having a velvety feel to it. The background lets just enough light in and they add the perfect amount of warmth to the room.
I love my new Chevron pillows!
I read on a lot of design blogs about making your curtains go all the way to the ceiling to draw the eye up and lengthen the room and I have to agree with them, I love what it does to the room!
The view from our kitchen
White blinds with new curtains & you can see our tall vaulted ceilings
View from our french doors
BEFORE:
AFTER:
These french doors were a beast to paint! 15 panels per side x 2 doors = 60. I learned A LOT along the way and we had to start all over at one point and re-sand them. Long Sigh... How was I supposed to know you have to use a wood stain blocking primer??
Moving on...I threw away the horrible brassy knob and bought hardware to match our front door. I touched up the trim around the doors and it all just brightens up our front room. We also replaced the ghetto brass and glass light fixture with a oil rubbed bronze light fixture which gave it an instant update.
We've been having fun and keeping busy with all these projects. The front room isn't completely done yet, but I'll post those pics later. We've been working on many others home improvement projects which I will post more on later as well. We are loving home ownership, we feel so grateful everyday.

















4 comments:
Amy! I love all that you have done, we are closing on our first home on the 15th of July and we are already planning all the updates we are going to do:) I've looked at the same color you painted your walls as well, and love it, I'm glad your's looks so nice, it gives me hope ours will too! I can 't wait for you to post more! You guys did such a good job!
We thought your home was lovely even before the updates.....so it is really fun to see your personal touch on every detail.....well done you two, what a wonderful team you make! The colors and designs are really striking and pretty!
mom
Amy--i love it! and i especially love the paint color! excellent choice :)
Wow you've done so much! Everything has come together so perfectly. You guys have been waiting so long to have a place to make your own and now you finally get to do it! So fun and so chic! Can't wait to see it in person :)
Post a Comment