Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Elle's "You are my Sunshine" Nursery


I am finally getting around to posting photographs of Elle's Nursery. This was a long project for me and a good dose of fun! I wanted an atypical girl nursery and fell for a fun color combination. Mustard Yellow. Steel Gray. White. Blue accents. 

I always sing "You are my Sunshine" to Elle so it seemed fit for her nursery to sing it to her as well

This pom pom mobile took an absurd amount of yard of fabric and a looong time to make


My Mom made this darling 'E' for Elle's nursery & I have it right on the door for when you come in





My sister-in-law Tracy made these custom prints for me from her print shop LilyGene & I am in love!

My Mom and I made this cute polka dot diaper changing pad cover

My sweet little baby girl and me

This angel picture was in my room growing up and my Mom let me have it for my little girl, the sweet angel makes me think of Elle. 

Love these mustard yellow rose knobs

My Mom & I slaved away for weeks making Elle's crib bedding... a crib bumper, crib skirt, 3 sheets, and a quilt later...I am feeling pretty proud of my self. 
It was hard! 

I couldn't find any pre-made bedding sets that coordinated with the nursery colors which makes me all the more lucky to have a Mom who has sweet sewing skills. I had some incredible sewing lessons from my Mom and we found these adorable fabrics from Fabric.com. We added this little touch of black piping to the quilt, the crib bumper, and skirt. 

                                           Elephant sheet                                                          Giraffe sheet

Flower sheet

I found a lot of inspiration for Elle's nursery from Pinterest, one of which was this name board. For my birthday, my talented mother majorly improved upon the original design and surprised me with this beautiful name board. 

I refinished this night stand and added basket and hardware to be Elle's book holder. I also made these little modge podge covered boxes. 

My Mom sewed me this Chevron pillow for my glider. My sister-in-law Tracy made this perfectly coordinating blanket for Elle's nursery. 


Alphabet print custom made by LilyGene


I love how it turned out, thanks Mom for all your amazing and wonderful help!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you finally got it posted. I think it turned out really well. You had a lot of great ideas and worked super hard. It was a joy for me to help on so many levels. I especially love that the things I taught you will continue to bloom and grow, and someday can be passed down to little Elle, and further. You are my sunshine, both of you.
Love, Mom

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful nursery! Elle is one lucky girl to have such a talented mama!

Madre said...

Soo soo cute, truly a labor of love!!!!

Yulia said...

What a great looking nursery! My favorite is that Angel print- because of its' personal meaning. Yummy colors too!