On Easter morning Elle had solids for the first time! We waited until she was almost 7 months. We started with some rice cereal greatly diluted with breast milk. She ate right off of our finger and was very intrigued! She instantly wanted more and was very excited about the whole notion.
She had a finger-lickin' good time!
Since then I have been making all her baby food with our new Vitamix. She has had sweet potatoes, bananas, and avocado --with sweet potatoes being her absolute favorite. It makes me laugh because in all the pregnancy books you read it says they can taste what you eat in the womb via the amniotic fluid and when you breastfeed they also get flavorings of what you eat. I totally love avocados and bananas and have had plenty pre & post pregnancy, yet she thinks they are only so-so. But when I give this baby sweet potatoes, something that I have not eaten during my whole pregnancy or since she's been born, she is like a little birdie enthusiastically opening for more! Go figure!


3 comments:
Mmmmmmm, eating with our hands is such fun!!! I think she will dive into her first birthday cake with two hands!
Hugs,
mom
Her eyes are so expressive!
Haha! Maybe she likes sweet potatoes because they are a new taste to her and she likes to explore :) And with avocados and bananas she's like "mom, I've had that before while still inside the womb...do you have anything else?"
Post a Comment