My church ward has an amazing mother's group here in Santa Clara. Since I've been on maternity leave, I have joined them on a few pre-motherhood adventures. This one in particular was to Gizdisch Ranch in Watsonville, CA. It was a drive out there with my friend Natalie and her two little ones but totally worth it. We picked strawberries, let all the kiddos play, and ate a great lunch up at the ranch.
Here I am almost 36 weeks prego in this photo picking strawberries in the field in really hot weather. It made me very grateful to not have to work and not have to pick my own strawberries!

I ended up buying 3.5 pounds of strawberries! Since you pick them yourself they are significantly cheaper at $1.66/lb.
I can honestly say these were the best strawberries I've ever had in my entire life! I don't know if me picking them had anything to do with it, but it sure sweetened it! They were perfectly ripe and so juicy! Now what do you do with 3.5 pounds of strawberries?
Make a yummy homemade pie of course! I made the crust and filling all from scratch. I even put a tiny little layer of milk chocolate at the bottom of the crust right before I poured the filling in, so yummy! The other strawberries were eaten right out of the basket and a strawberry spinach salad was made that night. Wish I had more! Thank you strawberry season, you will be missed...





No comments:
Post a Comment