Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Milo's 4-year old Birthday Party!

 For Milo's 4-year old birthday party, Tracy & I brainstormed a tall rainbow colored cake on the inside and a balloon theme on the outside...

 Truman & I drove out to Clovis Friday evening to spend the night with them. I had done all the cake/frosting prep work ahead of time so I could devote Saturday to the decorating. 

 Lots and lots of making icing, dying of frosting and cakes, rolling out fondant, cookie cutting circles, free-handing clouds, all sorts of things to get ready before the decorating...

The cake was super tall and colorful, very similar to an 'Up' theme with all the balloons

Boy silhouette 

Tracy requested a big '4' on top of the cake, red was just the right color 

milo  


Cutting into the cake

Huge rainbow slice! I needed lots of help to cut this cake because it was so tall, we divided it into 4 four different cakes.



Becky & me

Milo enjoyed the slip n' slide 

Penny couldn't quite get the slide part, but she loved to stand, walk, and run through it. 


 Joe BBQ'd hot dogs and hamburgers for everyone, very impressive on such a tiny little grill!

Penny enjoying a hot dog


 Tracy passing out candy bags for the pinata goodies to come

 Milo enjoyed the first few swings at the pinata

Even Penny got a little present from Grandma and Grandpa Weston

 Happy Birthday Milo!!!

3 comments:

Marshall and Allison said...

Amy! You are so talented! I saw the pictures you put on facebook, along with the other cakes you have on there. I am sooo impressed! Every time I try to make a cake, it turns out awful. Way to go!

Madre said...

What a fun day!!!!!....WHAT AN AMAZING CAKE!!!!! The whole party was so creative, and a kid's heaven! I was sooo happy to settle in with Penny and munch through that first scrumptious slice of cake! She was pinching off bites from every colorored layer and first feeding herself, then sharing with Gma......yum yum! We had such a great time being there with you all to celebrate Milo's big day.
Love you,
mom

Yulia said...

Happy Birthday to Milo and Amy, once again, you're awesome at making cakes!