Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eclipse Midnight Premiere



We were scheduled to move to Santa Clara on June 30th. The next installment of the Twilight Saga happened to come out that same day. My Mom, Shelly, and I all wanted to see Eclipse together. However, to see it together meant the midnight showing the night before moving. Out of all 365 days why did it have to come out on June 30th? haha. My Mom (a die hard Twilight fan --she keeps me updated) bought tickets a few weeks in advance. Even arriving to the theaters by 9:30pm, there were still multiple never-ending lines out the doors for the four screens Eclipse was to be shown on. It was ridiculous to say the least. I can't complain though because at least this midnight showing was in sunny California because for the New Moon premiere I was freezing my bum off for two hours in icy Utah. Luckily, we were seated by 10:15pm (trying not to get trampled as you attempt to find three seats is harder than you think). We were happy with our seats and with the entertainment we brought ourselves. We had each other, magnetic chinese checkers, a deck of cards, UNO, and chocolate chip cookies made my Shelly. The time passed quickly enough and then we got to enjoy the long awaited movie. I thought it was great, there's of course the parts you roll your eyes or you wish they would have added or done differently, but overall, I thought it was great. I was just glad I could see it with my mom and sister, what a treat! Then I had my 5 hours of sleep, my 2.5 hour drive to Santa Clara with a cranky cat (he's going to miss those chickens), 3 hours of moving boxes from the back parking lot up to our second story apartment, and upacking till midnight. Good times! 

6 comments:

dani koelliker said...

Amy! I miss you! so jealous your in CA I hope your move went well

Truman & Amy said...

hey babes, this is a cute post, its fun to read while im gone!

Truman & Amy said...

hey babes, this is a cute post, its fun to read while im gone!

Madre said...

Yeah Amy, this is a good week to get caught up on your posts...ha! It's a good thing you have Bleu to hang out with!
hugs,
brcky

Madre said...

Oops, that's the joy of one handed typing....my name hasn't been changed to brcky....haha!

Joanie Harbor said...

haha sounds crazy fun! at least you have seen it already. its much harder with our little baby to go out and do stuff like that ... haha but jaxson is so worth it to me. hope your summer is going great! love ya :)