Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Father's Day


I know this post is late, but this year for Father's Day Shelly & I made my Dad a DVD slide show. All of my parent's photos of us kids growing up and the family are not digitized. So, for Father's Day this year I decided to make a special Father's Day movie for him. Shelly and I worked hard finding, organizing, compiling, scanning, editing, formatting, picking music, and just putting it all together. It ended up being about twenty-three minutes long and over 200 pictures & it turned out great. It was organized by a timeline somewhat...just a him and my mom section, individual pictures of all the 5 kids growing up with the last picture of their section with him and each kid. It continued on to life with 5 kids, family vacations, life these days, and then ended with a photo of each kid all grown up, and then all 5 kids together. He absolutely loved it and was very touched. My Dad doesn't cry but I could tell it really meant a lot to him. Father's Day for me is always one of those holidays where you want to do something nice but not quite sure what to do or get... but this, this I felt so good about and proud giving him this gift I had worked so hard on. I knew he would love it and now he can and will be able to watch if for years to come with these preserved memories.
  

Happy Father's Day Dad :)

2 comments:

sarah jane said...

you're a little late amy! it sounds like a cute idea though, i'll have to try it sometime! hope you and truman are doing well. miss and love you lots!

Madre said...

What an amazing gift, and a total labor of love! We never tire of watching the DVD's of family memories!
Becky