Moms & Flowers

When some of my family came out for my Graduation, they had to leave the day after to get back to the real world, but my Mom was able to stay! She stayed a few days longer and stayed at Truman and mine's place. It was a joy to have her there and get to spend some time together! Something that my Mom has always had such a talent for us is gardening. I swear, she must know everything about every plant --it's name, what season's it blooms in, if they're perennials or what not, shade or sun, how long they flower for, how strong their scent is, how often you should water --yeah, pretty much everything! I know I'm not saying any of that stuff above right, but you should hear her talk about plants!
My primroses and parade roses that Truman had bought me were growing out of their pots. My parade roses also needed to be pruned, and that's just one more reason why it was great to have my Mom in town! We went shopping for some flower pots, and she also bought me a new plant! I found these yellow lilles that were darling and I just fell in love with! Not only do I like the blossom, but the leaves are really cool, so even when they're not in bloom, it'll still look great!
We got a yellow pot for the yellow lillies, and a red pot for the parade roses which will bloom red. She also got me a watering can, a bag of potting soil, and Miracle-Gro to get me started. It was fun to sit out on the lawn in the sun and give my plants a make-over. It felt like I was in Achievement Days again. Thanks for everything Mom, it was great fun!
1 comment:
How fun! I'll second that; you're mom is incredible with flowers. I might have to have you give me a few pointers next time I see you!
Post a Comment