Like Mothers, Like Daughters
~Nurses~
~Dental Hygienists~
That evening, I called my Mom up to tell her the funny story, and she was dying about it too. She was like, "Danielle Gardner?! Danielle Gardner is in your class?! How come you didn't tell me?! You didn't know she was Kim's daughter???" Let's just say, it was a pretty funny connection.
At graduation Dani and I brought our Mom's together, and they were all giddy and laughing, it was a cute reuninon. We just had to get some pictures together!
My parents lived in and raised most their children in Southern California, Orange County, Anaheim area, till 1989. My Mom and her good friend Kim Gardner were both nurses, in the same ward, and best of friends. They were always doing stuff together, coordinating play dates with the kids, and so close in fact that the Gardners were the family where all us kids would go if anything happened to our parents. My parents eventually left Southern California, and my Mom and Kim had to say goodbye. But I often remember growing up hearing about the Gardners. We got Christmas cards from them every year, and my parents and siblings had lots of memories.
I came to dental hygiene school out in Provo, UT in August of 2007. In my fourth semester of school, I'm working on a patient one day in the clinic when this woman comes running up to me. She is telling me how cute I am, how I look just like my Mom and just like a McKinnon, and practically screaming with excitement asking me how my family is doing. And I'm wondering, who she is??? Dani was just as shocked as I was, and I come to find out that this friend of mine Dani Gardner who has been in my class this whole time is my Mom's long-time friend's daughter. I guess I never connected the dots especially because my parent's moved when I was 2 1/2-years old, and I never personally knew the Gardner's. It was so funny to find all this out! After clinic we were able to talk for a bit, and Kim reminisced about my Mom and her & our families.
That evening, I called my Mom up to tell her the funny story, and she was dying about it too. She was like, "Danielle Gardner?! Danielle Gardner is in your class?! How come you didn't tell me?! You didn't know she was Kim's daughter???" Let's just say, it was a pretty funny connection.
At graduation Dani and I brought our Mom's together, and they were all giddy and laughing, it was a cute reuninon. We just had to get some pictures together!
No comments:
Post a Comment