Thursday, November 27, 2008

-SEWING SKILLS-
It Takes A Real Man To Sew


Tough Guy
Truman has two shirts that needed three buttons sewn back on them. This morning, he asked me where my sewing kit was. I told him it was up in the cupboard, and asked him if he needed me to fix something for him? He said, "no" as I watched perplexed while he got my sewing kit down from the cupboard from my Mom. He asks me, "Does it have needles and everything?". I laughed, and said "yes," and showed him where the needles were. I asked him again, "Do you need help with something?" He again told me, "No, I got this." I was cleaning around the house, but I couldn't help myself from peeking in at him, trying to sew some buttons on his shirt. I heard three "Oww's!" in the first 10 minutes, and said again, "Are you sure you don't need any help sweetie? I can really do it for you." He proceeded to tell me laughing but serious, "For your information, I took Home Ec in high school, & I can do this."
It was so cute to watch Truman sew buttons on his shirt! His buttons were broken or lost, so I grabbed him some old buttons out of a botton box I've been collecting over the years. He was determined to do it himself, and was very proud of his work afterwards. Afterwards he said, "That was good, 3 buttons in only 30 mintues!"

2 comments:

paul and amanda jones said...

The cutest thing I have ever seen! So cute, in fact, that I had to leave a comment saying it!

Joe said...

It's true, he did take Home Ec, but he only took it for the other cute boys in the class, at least that's what he told me