I haven't ever been tagged, but it's to write about Truman, so I am really excited haha.
What is your husband’s name? Truman Lund Weston
How long have you been married? 7 months in a few days!
How long did you date? We met at an FHE acitivity in the Shingle Springs Young Single Adult Ward on April 30, 2007. He was replacing my Activites Committee Co-chair that was moving. We became fast friends & let's just say that we "magnified our callings" ;). Our first date was May 4th, we were officially exclusive at about 2am on May 21st after a long DTR haha. So we dated for 6 months, then he proposed to me over Thanksgiving Break on November 20th. We were engaged for 5 months & 1 week, and got married on April 26, 2008! So total, we were together a couple weeks shy of a year.
How old is he? 23-years old & as cute as ever!
Who eats more sweets? Hmmm...haha. I would definitely say I have a greater sweet tooth, but I try to stay away as much as possible. So Truman probably eats more sweets just because he doesn't care as much. But Truman knows I'm a sucker for McDonald's ice cream cones. He will often quote me as saying, "Something sweet is always nice!" Truman loves the sweets too though, and I encourage that skinny boy as much as possible ;). haha. He even made brownies last Sunday because he was craving them.
Who said I love you first? Truman said it right after he kissed me, but I said it right back. He said, "I think I'm falling in love with you" & then later he told me that he loved me. We had only been exclusively dating for 3 weeks at the time, & I remember being shocked how fast I fell in love with him.
Who is taller? Truman is definitely taller, I feel like he towers over me in some pictures haha. He is 6'3" & I'm a whole 5'4" tall. I don't mind being shorter, but I love that he's tall. He's so very helpful, and he wanted me to add handsome!
Who can sing the best? Truman sings better by far haha. I like to sing sometimes when I'm cleaning, and love to sing along with the music in my car, but that doesn't mean I have a good voice haha. Truman, even though he won't admit it, has a very beautiful voice. I will ask him to sing to me sometimes, and he gets too embarassed and won't. But a couple times I was having a really hard time, and he sung me to sleep, it was so sweet :). During our FHE's, we mostly just sing hymns. I'm always the one trying to match his voice.
Who is smarter? Truman & I have both agreed about ourselves that neither of us are really gifted smart, but that we are just really really hard workers. We have always had to work at what we are doing. We know what we want & go after it. Obviously there is some smarts involved, but we think it's mostly about attitude, hard work, and perseverance.
Who does the laundry? I would say that I do the laundrey 90% of the time. Fridays are pretty much my only day off for homework/cleaning/relaxing, so Truman always tries to help me out when he can with "Laundry Folding Parties" as he calls them haha. The last 2 weekends I have had so much stuff going on though that Truman has done all of it! I really appreciated it because there is 1 washer & dryer that are the coin operated ones in the basement of the house next door to us. So you have to time everything on the oven timer, & it calls for a lot of trips!
Who pays the bills? Truman always pays the rent (utilities is included in the rent), and pays the tithing & fast offering. I put all groceries, and gas and such on a really good rewards program credit card that I pay off every month. So he takes care of some, & I take care of some.
Who mows the lawn? Our next door neighbor haha. What I mean by this is, we live in a house with a basement that is divided into 4 different living quarters. One of the tenants gets a break from rent by keeping up on the gardening and mowing the front lawn.
Who cooks dinner? I cook everynight except Fridays which is our date night, and we'll do something small where I don't have to cook, which is always fun ;). Truman is a champ though and made spaghetti last week when I was so busy my head was spinning. Truman will always help with anything when I ask him to as well.
Who drives? I hate driving. I would love it if Truman could drive me everywhere, in fact, he would probably prefer it that way too because he doesn't like my driving haha. Truman is always the driver whether it be for dates, church, or what not.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I hate to admit that I'm stubborn, haha, but I totally am. Truman is always the first to say sorry even if it isn't his fault. I eventually get around to it, but he can always say it.
Who kissed who first? Well....it was kind of an almost accident. I know that sounds strange. We were in Cali after FHE on June 4th. We were sitting on top of this barn, and we had been laughing/chatting, and periodically giving each other a kiss on the cheek. We were sitting so close because it was freezing ;), and then both went to kiss each other on the cheek at the same time, and the corner of our lips accidentally touched. Neither of us really minded that haha, so he went in that time for real to kiss me haha. It was cute ;).
Who asked who out first? Well, bless Truman's heart, when he first asked me out, he didn't even realize that he was asking me out on a "date" haha. Let me explain...He had only been my Activity Comittee Co-chair for about 4 days, and we had to plan a Beak the Fast on Sunday for 2 singles wards. I told him that I would call him on Friday at 3pm (that's when he said he's be off work), and we could get together to go get the food at Costco. I get a call from the Bishop of our ward at 1pm saying that he is already going to Costco, and he'll just get the stuff while he's there. So I call Truman at 3pm, and tell him "no worries, we don't have to get together afterall because Bishop is going get the supplies/food". He then says to me, "well, do you want to get together anyway?". I was so taken back, I was like, is this kid really asking me out? But I said, "Yeah, that would be fun". He told me he woudn't be done with work for acutally a while longer, but he would give me a call when he was done. When I hung up the phone, all I could think was, AMY! What have you done?! You can't date another person!!!I had been dating different people, had a missionary, and I decided it wouldn't be good to add one more into the mix. haha. I told myself that when he called me back that I forgot that I already had other plans. At this time, I had just found out that I had gotten into the Utah College of Dental Hygiene a few days ago, and my sister Tara calls me up saying that she, her husband, and my nephew wanted to take me out to a Celebration Dinner at 7pm. I thought, what a perfect excuse! Truman calls me at about 6:30pm and apologized for not being able to call me earlier. I'm telling him no worries, and just about to blurt out that I can't hang-out. But I couldn't get a word in haha. He says, "I know I don't have a lot to offer, I just got back from my mission, and don't have like any money, but I did get a gift certificate to Cold Stones before I left, would you go out to ice cream with me???" I couldn't help myself, he was so cute, I instantly said "of course!" hahaha. Truman now says that "Ice Cream was the secret to my heart." Here I am kicking myself again, because I told myself I wasn't going to date anyone else, and plus I told my sister Tara I'd be going out to dinner with them. I told him that there was one problem because I had dinner with my sister that evening, but he said, "well that's okay, we can just go to icecream afterwards!" I told him that I would call him when I got home, and that would work out great. I call, and he comes to my house at about 8:30pm, comes to my front door, meets my Dad, and we were off to Cold Stones. On the way there, we had a very intriguing conversation about gum, which he says is one of the ways that I caught his attention. He asked me, "Do you like pop packaging gum or stick gum better?" He was shocked by my reply because not only did I say what my preferred packaging, but why, benefits, disadvantages of each, flavors, and supported my answers haha. Little did he realize, he was talking to a gum connoisseur. He later said it was just something that made him think that there was more to me that what meets the eye. We were so engaged in conversation he even missed the onramp haha. I can still remember even the ice cream I got! Vanilla ice cream with berries and graham cracker crust. We ate and chatted for about 2 hours at Cold Stones. I remember thinking that he was a really really good guy, and that I liked him a lot as a person, and thinking it will be fun to be Activity Comittee co-chairs together. I thought he was really cute too, but I was trying to avoid dating anyone else...This is where the kind-of-a-date comes into play. He drives me home, and he doesn't even pull into the driveway. He pulls over on the road my house is on. He says he had a lot of fun, & I said I had a lot of fun too, and thanks for the ice cream. I suddenly realize, this kid isn't even planning on walking me to my door is he?? haha. All I could think was "Bless his heart," I gave him an awkward side hug across the center counsel, walk myself up to the door, and wave goodbye to him. haha. ---Truman to this day, didn't even realize he was asking me out on date with that Coldstones extravaganza! haha. I much later told him, you don't ask a girl out on the phone, pick her up, pair off, pay for her, and it NOT be date haha. But he had only been back from his mission for 1 month, & truly thought he would start dating when he went back to BYU in the Fall. He said he just thought I seemed really fun and wanted to spend time with me, but he didn't realize he was asking me out on date, and really didn't realize he would want to marry me haha.
Who wears the pants? I would say that its probably equal. Truman & I both have very outgoing, leader type personalites, which is why it is good that we're both that way because niether of us can boss around the other haha. I trust Truman with expenses (except I'm regretting this motorized bike one for safety haha), and he trusts me as well. We have trust and communication, so no one really needs to wear the pants, we just work together.
The rules for this tag: answer questions about your spouse, list names of people you are tagging in your post and then leave a comment on their blog letting them know they've been tagged.
I tag Brandi Gilleland!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment