Saturday, September 19, 2015

Turning 3 Under the Sea!

I cannot believe, our little Elle turned 3! With a newborn I wasn't sure if I'd have the energy or desire to throw a birthday party but I'm a little crazy so I went ahead ;). No promises for next year! I tried to simplify a little though! Luckily I had Elle's mermaid photos and invitations done before Trooper was even born!



My sister-in-law Hayley made these adorable canvas signs for her daughters under the sea birthday party and she was nice enough to let me borrow them!

Party Table!

Elle was so excited to order all these Ariel party things online with me. I already had the beads and shells and it was fun to buy dinnerware and decorations to match the invitation and theme. 



One of the ways I simplified this year was by making a character cake instead of a multi-tiered cake. This was my first time every trying to make a character cake and while it was much less time to make than my traditional cakes, it was still tricky! I had the hardest time with her eyes. How do you make frosting look like eyes?!?! haha. Overall I am happy with it and even more importantly Elle was thrilled with it. I originally was planning a elegant 'under the sea' themed cake with aqua and lavendar and ruffles and mermaid scales and sea weed and pearls and then it dawned on me... Elle will not appreciate or even like this cake! The last two years I have just done what I thought would be fun and interested me because she was too young to care. I took a step back then and asked Elle what time of cake she wanted for her birthday? She said, "I want an Ariel cake". So Ariel cake it is my daughter. 





The birthday girl admiring the decorations and cake -- she would not stop taking the gems and shells and beads and treasure chest off the table! It was all I could do to keep it together before the party haha. I had to keep her from swiping her little finger at the cake too to sneak some frosting. haha. 

Elle's Little Mermaid 3-year old photos I did with her which you can see here





I promise we invited a couple girls but all Elle's boy friend's showed up! haha. It was hilarious having all these boys at a girl princess party! :)


Truman is Sebastian, Elle is Ariel, & I am Ursula


...And little Trooper was Ariel's faithful friend Flounder!

We love this birthday girl! She got these jammies as one of her presents and naturally insisted on wearing them after bath. Our little Elle can drive you crazy but also brings us more joy and love than we had ever known. Happy Birthday Baby Girl! :)

1 comment:

Yulia said...

Happy Birthday Elle! That photo with all boys and Elle at the table is hilarious!