Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Trooper's Carseat Canopy

My crazy amazing talented mother made this gorgeous carseat canopy! When she dropped it off at my house, my jaw just dropped. Not only am I in love with the design but the sewing and construction is flawless. My mother is an extremely talented seamstress and uses her talents to bless her children and grandchildren. She asked me what kind I wanted but I left it all up to her and good thing I did because it's absolutely perfect. This is only her second one she's ever made, the other one she made for Elle! 

I am smitten by these cute sharks and love the large white ric rac border that looks like waves

I love the perfectly coordinating turquoise and white polka fabric. A fun enhancement she made was turning the corners up and sewing them into place so you could see the opposing design.

She fastened them into place with a blue crystal, so cute! As a Mom of a boy, you still want cute without looking girly and this whole fabric and design accomplishes all of that. I love how in one corner she sewed on the "Made with Love" because it certainly was :). 

These are decorative straps to fasten it to the carseat. My Mom knows I am a sucker for chevron and I love how she tied the blue crystals and polka dots back in.

Now for a picture of my cute baby using this cute carseat canopy. 
She made super adorable carseat strap covers but Trooper is a little too little for them right now.

Thanks Mom for the beautiful present! I am one lucky girl! :)


1 comment:

The Anderson's said...

As her visiting teacher I got to see the work in progress. Yes, I agree she is extremely talented. She is going to help me with a project I have in mind for my grandchildren. Sorry she was taken off our list so I can't VT her each month now.