Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Oh Grandma Ruth...


Oh how I love Grandma Ruth. She is hilarious. She invited us over to her home yesterday and while there, Truman noticed something. It appeared to be a WWII missile in her living room. Come to find out, it's a blender. A huge industrial blender, I've never seen one bigger.
Truman struggles to pick it up bring over the 17" beast and says,

"Why was this blender in the corner of your living room?"

Grandma Ruth retorts, "It's not a blender, it's an emulsifier."

Truman: "Where did you get something like this?"

Grandma Ruth: "We'll I saw it on a TV infomercial, and well, what can I say, I'm an easy target." "The commercial just made it seems so nice with all the different people all around trying all the different juices and I thought it would be nice to make my own juice. You could put a whole banana in there and eat the peel and everything!"

Truman: "So why aren't you using it then?"

Grandma Ruth: "Did you see the size of that thing?! It didn't look that big on the commercial. I can't even lift it up! It needs its own work bench in the garage."

Truman: "So you still haven't used it yet?"

Grandma Ruth: "Does it look like I've used it?! I got Leslie one for Christmas too." "Now go put it back in the corner by the chicken rotisserie kit."

Truman: "Chicken rotisserie kit?"

Grandma Ruth: "...it's from an infomercial too."

6 comments:

Yulia said...

I can't believe you documented this priceless conversation!! Oh my! It made me laugh so hard, I cried!! Ahhh....just don't know what to say... honestly, I have no words!
PS. Can't wait for Ben to read this.

Patria said...

awesome. if only we all better documented our conversations with gma this way- we'd have a treasure trove of gems. love you for this.

Carly said...

Hilarious!!

Jake and Hayley said...

haha this is greattt. So classic!

Anonymous said...

i hope grandma leaves me the snuggie.
-mark

Dane and Jessica said...

hahaha that is HILARIOUS! You should visit her a lot and blog about it everytime, I love it!