Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy 24th Birthday Truman!!!


I made Truman a belgian waffle breakfast with cut-up strawberries and whip cream. Since Truman wanted to go out to ice cream for dessert, I had to put all his candles on something! This was one flaming waffle! ;)
Presents!!!
Bleu helping with the presents

New shoes! Truman has been dying for some new shoes. My sister Tara helped me find these awesome ones. They will seriously go with everything he has. He was so excited when he opened them and they fit perfectly!

New clothes!
This was my present to Truman this year, lots of clothes! He has officially put me in charge of dressing him, haha. He says he doesn't trust himself anymore, haha. I am happy to take on this role ;).

Oooo stylish! He is so cute!
Does he look excited or what? Cute new jeans!

Truman's Birthday was on a Saturday this year, so this gave me the ability to make it extra fun! It was so fun to plan the whole day out and get to suprise him. Truman and I bought a GPS a few months ago, and it has changed my life! haha. This GPS made Truman's Birthday all the more fun! Let me explain... The GPS made it possible to bring the festivities up to Salt Lake because we would be able to navigate our way around. I programmed some different destinations in the GPS before we left, Truman drove, but he had no idea where he was going, and it was like a little scavenger hunt in that it would tell him to turn left here, turn right here, etc. The first destination was Fast Kart Speedway to do some go kart racing! We did the 40 lap race and since it was the afternoon, we were the only ones on the track! It was like we rented it out to ourselves or something. I think Truman lapped me at least 20 times, no joke. He was having so much fun, and I kept thinking I was going to crash and die. I got more comfortable and my lap times improved toward the end, but I'm not going to lie, Truman creamed me. BUT! I can still beat Truman in the MarioKart and Street Fighter SuperNintendo games. That ought to count for something right?!

I have never been on a go kart before, so it was a fun experience. Truman had fun harassing me as he lapped me. Good times!
After the Fast Kart Speedway, it was back to the GPS to lead the way to the next destination of Utah College of Massage Therapy. We drove to the SLC location and they were having a special that day of a 2 for 1 deal. Two 1 hour massages for only $25.00 dollars! This was a fun way to relax, and it was so nice! Truman has never had a massage in his life, and so he was really loving it. It was so cute though because when you go into the mesues' room, they tell you to "de-robe to your comfort level" and then they leave the room and will come back when you're ready. Truman told me later that he only took off his shoes and his belt! hahahaha. How cute is that! Poor massage girl, he still even had his socks on! I love Truman, bless his heart! I guess I should have explained ahead of time.
After the massages it was off to the next destination on the GPS, the Fashion Place Mall in Murray. We shopped for hours for him with the gift certificate from my Mom, the money from his Mom, a anniversary gift certificate from his Grandma Ruth, and birthday money. He got so many great clothes, and there were so many great sales. We really lucked out!
Then for dinner, I told him it was really close so we started to walk to the car, and right before we got off the sidewalk from the mall, I pulled him to the right and we walked into the doors of the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was a yummy dinner after a long day!
There were a few stores we wanted to go to that they didn't have at the Murray mall, so we went the University Mall on our way home, and Ross and TJ Maxx.
Then the last stop birthday stop was Sub Zero for some heavenly ice cream! Mmmm...

Happy Birthday Truman! I love you!!!

1 comment:

Madre said...

What an awesome birthday!!! Good luck topping that one next year!! Those big smiles say it all!
love you,
mom