Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dental Buddy's

When I was a senior in high school, I decided to take Dental Assistant ROP (Regional Occupation Program) with my other school classes to get a head start in the dental field. A few months into the program you do an internship at a dental office, I started mine October 2004.
I worked and interned at Dr. Catron's office, and was trained by an upbeat awesome Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) named Crystal Golden! I was so overewhelmed and scared about learning everything, it was all so strange and intimidating --but she was such an amazing teacher and gave me the knowledge and confidence I needed, and literally taught me everything I know. We became fast friends and spent hours working and laughing together.
Crystal left the office in January 2005 to pursue different work options and also got accepted to dental hygiene school. Even though we knew each other a few short months, we have remained friends over the past 5 years. When I went to California to go take my dental hygiene boards she and I met up and she answered all my nervous questions, let me borrow some instruments and tools I needed, and we got to catch up.
It was great fun to see her again and I will always remember all our buddy assistant days at Dr. Catron's --especially blowing up the pressurized autoclave ;).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, it's been forever since I read this. It's still so awesome :) miss you and the "good 'ol days"!
-Crystal