Monday, October 20, 2008

Truman's Motorized Bicycle
So I finally did it, I have been dreaming of this I think since I was 8 years old, seriously. So as you know I have been riding my bike to school and work everyday for who knows how long. I don't mind it too much except for the fact that I get to class and I am overheating and out of breath. So after doing some research (youtube), I purchased a small 67 cc motor and kit to transform my mission bike into a commuter's dream. It said that it would take 3 to 4 hours to assemble, all I have to say is LIARS. It came with no directions, and with my busy schedule it was quite interesting getting everything customized to fit my larger frame bike, and get it up and running. It tops out at about 35 MPH and it gets a whopping 135 miles per gallon. It has a little clutch I can use to make it so that while I'm riding and want to just peddle, I hold down the clutch and just start peddling. All in all, it has been a great companion and work horse. I hope you enjoy the videos of it below! Let me know what you think!



CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO:


5 comments:

Patria said...

If that isn't a Truman project then I don't know what is! That's the best thing I've seen in a long time. So funny and so clever. Good job Truman! Um, you gotta wear a helmet though! And get some snow treads! Love you! Pat and Mark

Yulia said...

OMG! Truman!! Do people just go "what the heck?!" when you ride it around Provo? So is this thing legal and everything? Do you have to have a license plate for it now that it has a motor?
Here's another project for ya: write a letter to Ben describing how you did it, put some pictures in and send it my way. I'll take it Ben when I go there for his graduation in a week. I know he'd LOVE it and would be so proud of you!

Joe said...

OH MY BLEEP! Dang, that thing is sweet man! Super dangerous, but sweet. I can just see the fuel line leaking on your pants and the rest is history. Wow, I would never be able to trust myself to put that thing together correctly.

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is "October Sky", but better!!! Remember that sweet rocket you built when you were about 10 years old? Yeah, wear a helmet, and carry a fire extinguisher somewhere...ha!
Bike on!!!!
love you!!
mom

The Nasmans said...

That is freakin'awesome! I had no idea that you could do that! That thing moves!