Happy Halloween! Love the Flintstone's Family!
Introducing Pebbles...
...Fred & Wilma Flintstone!
Ever since I could get Elle's hair up in a fountain pony tail on top of her head, everyone has been telling me she looks just like Pebbles Flintstone. So I decided that's exactly who she should be for Halloween this year!
I started to think it would be fun to make Wilma and Fred costumes as well to go with her.
I am pretty crafty and could have pulled something together pretty sweet with a hot glue gun but now that we live close to family I was able to enlist the magical efforts of my master seamstress of a mother! We brainstormed and spent many evenings once Elle was asleep sewing late into the night to pull these costumes off. My Mom had the great idea to make a petticoat to go under my dress so it would fluff out like Wilma's does! My necklace is made out of ping pong balls that we had Truman drill holes through. Then we threaded them through with embroidery floss and a long doll needle. I bought a red 'Jessica Rabbit' wig and styled it with probably over 50 bobby pins. It was tricky to get just right because I was wearing it up instead of down, but I was happy with how it turned out.
We loosely followed a costume pattern from McCall's made in 1991 that is out of print and I bought off Etsy in a few sizes too small. My Mom helped me alter the patterns so we could enlarge them for Truman and me. My Mom made tons of enhancements on Wilma's dress so that it would look more like hers. I am lucky!
We thought it would be fun to do Pebbles dress in a faux white leopard fur! She was so soft and so cute! For her hair bone, I drew a bone on some felt and sewed the two together, turned inside out, stuffed with ripped up napkins, and then sewed it shut. I then hot glue gunned a clip on the back and voila, cute bone hair clip!
Truman was a great sport about it! I know all husbands wouldn't dress up with her with all her crazy costume ideas, but he does. What a stud!




















2 comments:
Looks amazing Amy!
Here's my silly question though: did you die your hair red or is it a wig...can't quite tell :)
Okay wait, another "Hall of Fame" costume collection!!!! Yes, Truman is really a good sport.....I have been trying to get Spencer into some tights and a Renaissance shirt forever, and no luck...haha!
Soooo fun!!!!
mom
Post a Comment