Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!



I am officially 4.5 months pregnant and it's starting to sink in that there will be many "last" times. Last birthday before a baby, last Valentine's Day without a baby, last anniversary before the baby, etc. This will be our "last" Easter family picture with just us. We are both ready and wanting this to be a picture of three. We are loving this blossoming Spring weather. The longer sunnier days, the vibrant colors, the warmth, the smells, and the promise that tax season is almost over. Truman has been working so long and hard and is very missed. He still manages to fulfill his calling, workout, play church basketball, and has been riding his bicycle to work at least three days a week. Sundays are more sweet lately because it's the one day in the week he doesn't have to go to work. This Thursday afternoon we will get to see each other briefly when we meet up at my ultrasound appointment to find out the gender of the baby. 

We are grateful for our loving Heavenly Father & His eternal plan. We are indebted on this Easter Sunday as we remember what His son has done for us. Happy Easter.

Truman thought it would be a funny comparison to add this picture onto the post. This was from Easter Sunday, April 2009, when we had been married for 1 year. This photograph was taken in our first place while we were still in college in Utah. Yes, this is the exact same shirt and tie. Those were the ties from our wedding and a shirt I got for our honeymoon. Truman has braces, I have darker hair, and well, I wasn't pregnant. As you can tell, we've also updated our camera. haha. Fun comparison. 

2 comments:

Madre said...

Oh wow, blast from the past on those outfits!!! Really cute though. Yes, lots of "lasts" and "firsts" ahead for sure. We can't wait to hear how your appointment goes on Thursday!
Big hugs,
mom

Jill T said...

You are looking so cute Amy! I'm excited to hear what gender your baby is!

And seriously, lots of lasts and firsts. It's good though, a time and a season for everything.

I am so excited for you guys!
love,
jill