For the last 3.5 years I have been trying to convince Truman to go to Disneyland with me. All the hard work paid off, and we finally went together! The last time I went was about 4 years ago, but Truman hasn't been since he was about 8 years old. There are a lot of fun or updated attractions not to mention the California Adventure Park that he had never seen.
Truman was not very interested in going all the years, he would say, "Why would we go? We don't have kids." haha. Well, I am a kid at heart and I love Disneyland and once you do have kids Disneyland is a whole different type of experience. He agreed to go if we only spent one day at each park and got to spend a day at the beach. Deal!
We at lunch in Tomorrowland and had the cute entertainment of the 'Jedi Training'
They picked all these kids from the audience and they got to wear Jedi knight robes and each received a light saber
The kids learned from the Jedi masters how to use the sabers and then they got to get in a light saber duel with Darth Vader. It was hilarious and adorable to watch.
Splash Mountain log ride
Going down the falls on Splash Mountain & Truman blocking my face hahaha
We went on Star Tours and someway somehow before we put our glasses on, this particular ride got a picture of my face (maybe while I was in line), the 'bad guys' start attacking your vessel because there's a rebel spy on board. They put a picture up on the screen and ask if that person is in there and are scanning the craft for that person. So you can imagine my shock while I look at the screen and they have me marked as the Rebel Spy. In all my years of going to Disneyland and going on this ride, I never knew they were picking someone from the audience, haha. Then when we got off the ride and all filtering out, everyone was pointing at me and whispering "...that's the rebel spy..." hahah. It was funny.
Something especially fun about going to Disneyland was seeing all the 'Halloween Time' decorations. Growing up, I only went to Disneyland during the summer so this was my first time seeing it in this manner. Starting mid-September, Disney decorates the whole park with Fall and Halloween decorations.
The Haunted Mansion also gets changed and becomes Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas which was a fun twist on the ride
Even the classic Mickey face at the entrance of the park was done with festive Halloween colors
Main Street
Truman & I both had a great time! Truman thought there wouldn't be enough to do for even one day in the park. That's one of the best parts about Disneyland though, there are so many great things to do! It's not about thrill rides, it's about themed rides and about entertainment. Disneyland does things right and Truman was surprised by the great quality of all their shows, rides, entertainment, and costumes. Between the two parks, we watched World of Color, Aladdin, Mickey's Soundsational Parade, the fireworks, and Fantasmic. I can't wait to go back with kids someday.
More vacation posts to come....


2 comments:
How cool! I've never been to Disneyland. I believe that going there with the little kids like ours would be a waste. They would get too visually overloaded too fast and it will all result in major meltdowns. Haha. So, it's exactly WHY you SHOULD be going there if you have no kids. This is the time to do it! Glad you had fun!
What a perfect time to visit Disneyland....Halloween!!!! That looks like soooo much fun! I have had the same challenge trying to convince Spencer to take me to Disneyland! Someday...
You guys made some wonderful memories!
Hugs,
mom
Post a Comment