Friday, March 25, 2011

Surfing

Something fun I got to do on this trip was learn to surf. Mark was an amazing instructor and took us out to Castles Beach to teach me how to surf. All I have to say is, surfing is so hard! haha. My arms felt like Jello by the end. Mark did different exercises with me to show me how to get up on the board. I paddled out some of the way but then Mark was nice enough to tow me out the rest of the way. He made the paddling out and surfing look effortless. My first wave I actually got up and stayed up and it was an amazing feeling. Mark knows just how to line you up and pushed me into the perfect wave. After that...I wasn't so lucky, haha. I got up a few times on my knees or squatting, but never stood up as long as I did the first time. Truman & Mark were able to get up on some awesome waves and it was fun to watch them, having a greater appreciation for it. 



Video Mark made of Truman just being funny and out boogie boarding.

No comments: