Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Puzzle

Truman & I were on a Friday night date on September 18th. We went out to Red Robin for dinner, got some ice cream at Baskin Robbins, and on our way home passed Barnes & Noble. We didn't have anything else to do so made our way in and started browsing the store. I came to a clearance table with all sorts of knick knacks. I suddenly noticed some really pretty puzzles, then I thought to myself, I think I like puzzles? haha. I grew up with my Mom and brother doing puzzles together at Lake Tahoe or Christmas break and I would help. Then I realized I had never done a puzzle by myself and decided I wanted to. I picked my favorite one and didn't feel bad buying a 1,000 piece puzzle for only $6.00. Truman & I never purchased cable when we came to the bay area and so are finding different 'wholesome recreation' items to keep us busy.

I had never done a puzzle by myself and felt overwhelmed by all the pieces! I started sorting colors and randomly would fit two jig saw pieces together and was getting frustrated. Truman says, "Why don't you start with the border?" Haha-- why I didn't think of this myself? I don't know. Working 5 days a week, I get home sometimes and just need to decompress, and this puzzle has been great for that. Truman has often found me here with my water bottle and a box of Cheese-Its.

I love the vibrant autumn colors of this puzzle, it has been the perfect for this season. Oh, and I had just come back from getting my hair colored and cut in this picture, I love the new hairdresser I found, it had been 5 months and it was much needed!
 
This puzzle totally reminds me of my all-time favorite Halloween movie... Hocus Pocus! It totally looks like the cabin the witches lived in in the woods. The cabin, fall colored trees, and even the water wheel are so reminscent of the movie. Maybe that's why I was drawn to it... haha.

Getting so close...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Amy I am very impressed. Not only is that a pretty picture, but you weren't kidding when you said the majority was multi colored leaves, that looks impossible.

p.s. i like your hair, the new girl didn't a wonderful job in my opinion.

Tansy said...

One, we LOVE puzzles.
Two, I LOVE Hocus Pocus--we should have a movie night.

Megan said...

We use to do a big puzzle around the Holidays. The worse is when you get all the way done except for one piece...and it is missing. I pray that doesn't happen to you :) It is a beautiful puzzle...my mom would spray glue and frame them.