Wednesday, September 8, 2010

El Dorado County Fair


Truman & I embraced our country side this summer as we attended the El Dorado County Fair in June. We turned on some Tim McGraw music on the way down and we were set.
It's conveniently located in Placerville, only about 10 minutes away from the Weston's. We decided to make a date of it and ate a traditional fair dinner of jumbo corn dogs and shared a lemonade together.
I've always loved all the shops, crafts, products and things to do at the fair. It's fun just to walk around holding hands and pay way too much for an ice cream cone. I guess it's all part of the fair experience, right?
We also enjoyed going to see what the Ponderosa FFA club and other local 4-H clubs had been working on. Steroid rabbits! haha jk. But isn't this rabbit huge?!
They had tons of chickens of different ages, size, and breed. I know the pictures doesn't do it justice, but in the collage above, the lower left and lower right chickens are the biggest chickens I've ever seen!
Cutest llama in the world. Not for sale --we asked. I don't know what I'd do with a llama, but I wanted this one. haha.
These little goats were so cute and kept ba'ing at us. All the animals were fun to see and Truman & I were able to have a classic date close to home.




3 comments:

Tansy said...

Woot! What a fun time. We love going to fairs! That llama IS gorgeous, but those chickens scare me.

Madre said...

County fairs will never change, and that's why we love them! Scary and fun all rolled into one!
Eat a corn dog,
mom

Megan said...

haha! The SLC fair is starting soon. I thought I should go to compare...I still think El Dorado will win :) You guys seem to be doing great!