
We went to Idaho this weekend to interview Truman's Grandma Weston for family history. It was so fun to visit with her and his Aunt Leslie & her family. We stayed with his Aunt and had fun playing Scattegories, eating brownies, and talking about all the Hulbert pets they've had at one point, including bobcats and squirrels! There was some good family fun and reminiscing of the past. We borrowed a video camera and recorded Grandma Weston talking about her life, hobbies, husband, etc. She also introduced us to the most amazing whole grain/most seed-full bread you've ever had! She even sent us home with a loaf and some homemade muffins of her own recipe. Thanks Grandma Weston!


While Truman was serving his mission in Idaho, the Twin Falls temple was barely being built. Before we headed out to California, we wanted to go see where he served his mission again and visit his Grandma Weston. While there we thought it would be fun to visit the Twin Falls temple and do a session there. It was a beautiful temple and especially fun for Truman.

One of Truman's favorite people he taught was Mattie Wadell. She is 86 years old and a fireball. We surprised her and she was so excited to see us. She's so sweet and I think she tried to give us everything she owned. She started all her stories & advice with, "Now Honey, the thing of it is..."

We also visited Emmett, Idaho where Truman served. He brought me here to show me where he'd like to live someday. I would sum up Emmett with two words: Cows & Farms. I told Truman, no way, I'm a California girl. haha.

Picnic in the park --with 2 blankets the Mattie Wadell crocheted and gave to us.

We also went to the Boise Zoo which was fun because Truman had never been able to go on his mission, so we got to go together. I haven't been to a zoo in years!

Serval

6 foot crane (scary)

This lion wanted to eat me for sure

Cute giraffes. Notice the giraffe on the right...I love how they don't bend at the knees, haha.

So maybe we went and played in the kid area?
Truman on the giraffe slide (Milo would have loved this!)

Beautiful Tigers

Good Kitty

Truman looking around to make sure no one is watching...

Oh gosh, we better get out of here now...

Turtle?

We visited one of Truman's favorite families in Nampa, Idaho and attended church with them on Sunday. They invited us over to their beautiful home for lunch afterward. Falicia made a yummy vegetable soup served with whole wheat oatmeal bread, it was delicious! Thank you Dickinson Family!

On our drive back to Utah, we stopped in Twin Falls again to see the famous Shoshone Falls.

The waterfall is 212 feet and actually 50 feet longer than Niagara Falls and is often called the "Niagara of the West."
It was a very fun trip and glad we could visit it one last time before heading back to California!
5 comments:
It looks like you guys had a really fun trip! I love all of your pics. Especially of Amy in the turtle and Truman riding the tiger! :)
Great job! I'm jealous you guys got to see Greandma Weston. I miss her. And the Zoo looks pretty awesome. Idaho rocks!
Wow, you guys did it all!! Yeah, scary crane...ha!
hugs,
mom
Good luck with the move, Amy! I'm excited for you guys! To answer your last question, yes, I've been to Vegas because I only lived about an hour and a half away from Vegas growing up (in northern AZ). Hope everything with moving goes well for you guys!!
yay for family history! thanks for documenting some of grandma's thoughts and info- we will love it! love you guys!
Post a Comment