Sunday, August 16, 2009

I passed California Boards!

I passed California Boards!!!

This is a picture of me sitting in the backseat of my parent's SUV after our 13 hour day of driving up to San Francisco to go take my California dental hygiene boards. Thanks Mom & Dad!

I am proud to say that I just found out that I passed!

And what this means, is that I NEVER have to take a Board again in my life! That is unless Truman decides to drag me to the east coast, which I will try to avoid at all costs --mostly due to that fact that I never ever want to have to take a DH Board again.

Saturday, July 18, 2009 was one of the worst, scariest, and most stressful days of my life! As I waited the agonizing 1 hour and 30 minutes to see if my patient would be accepted (while others were getting there patient's back after a half hour), my pulse was at a constant 120 bpm --which let me tell you is definitely more than twice my resting heart rate. It was miserable, I felt like I would faint any second, and I was literally shaking with anxiety my whole time waiting. When my patient was finally accepted, I ran to go get my dental assistant --my mom-- and I had 2 hours to work on my patient. The shaking let up about 20 minutes later. Let's just say CA Boards was a true test of my abilities with no school facilities, no clinical instructors to help you find a patient and then check them if you think you've found a good candidate. Not to mention CA Boards is only offered in Nor Cal two times a year, so I would be waiting a year to take it again! I am so glad that it is over and done, so when Truman and I move back to CA in a year, all I will have to worry about is finding a job!

Thanks for all the love and support! I am so happy, I passed!!! :)

4 comments:

Jon&Cierra said...

Congrats Amy! I am so happy for you!

Madre said...

We are sooo happy for your wonderful news!! You have worked so hard, and now its time to CELEBRATE!!!!
big hugs,
mom and dad Weston

Joe said...

Heck yeah!

Megan said...

Ahhhh...Congrats AMY!! That is awesome!