-Before-
With some washing to get the dirt and some cobwebs off (yes it had a few cobwebs, gross!), sanding, two coats of fresh paint, and some new modern stainless steel hardware, it looks brand new!
-After-
I've never been the craftiest or handiest person in the world, but my Mom is! All growing up I remember her refinishing pieces of furniture, staining, painting, and much much more. On my sister-in-law Tracy's blog, she refinished this cedar chest that was a gorgeous night and day difference. It definitely inspired me and I made Truman go to DI with me that night to look at furniture ;). I found this piece, and it was only $15 dollars! My Mom was telling me how she used to drag my Dad to look at older pieces she wanted to refinish and my Dad would say, "What are you looking at??" My Mom would reply, "Possibilities...". haha. That's how I felt when I saw it --it was solid wood, in good shape, and I figured with my Mom's expertise, I could at least try. It was such a fun project and only took me a day to finish! I can't wait to do another one! Thanks Mom & Tara for all your tips and ideas!
I've never been the craftiest or handiest person in the world, but my Mom is! All growing up I remember her refinishing pieces of furniture, staining, painting, and much much more. On my sister-in-law Tracy's blog, she refinished this cedar chest that was a gorgeous night and day difference. It definitely inspired me and I made Truman go to DI with me that night to look at furniture ;). I found this piece, and it was only $15 dollars! My Mom was telling me how she used to drag my Dad to look at older pieces she wanted to refinish and my Dad would say, "What are you looking at??" My Mom would reply, "Possibilities...". haha. That's how I felt when I saw it --it was solid wood, in good shape, and I figured with my Mom's expertise, I could at least try. It was such a fun project and only took me a day to finish! I can't wait to do another one! Thanks Mom & Tara for all your tips and ideas!+-+June+2009.jpg)
7 comments:
Hey hey, looks great Amy. I hope Truman helped paint that thing!
Looks so nice Amy! Isn't so refreshing to complete a project like that? I love it! Now move closer so we can work on stuff and go to garage sales together!
It looks amazing Amy! I love projects like those. Very fulfilling right?
Good job! Definitely worth the effort and time.
um, can you come to our house to refinish some stuff? (: we have a table and chairs and bookcases that need to be done....
very cute!
Wow! That is great! I love the nightstand! It looks really good. That is an amazing talent!
Amy, you are so crafty!
Post a Comment