Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
"I Heart Truman"



Presents from Truman
This is the "Love Jar" I made for Truman. I filled it with 25 reasons of why I love Truman so much.

Truman really outdid himself this year, he did such a great job getting me some darling gifts. Truman really stepped it up and wrapped my gift this year and had a card, very impressive! Truman bought me this cute hot pink robe. I am always cold in the mornings when I go to eat breakfast or do homework, and am always grabbing a sweater or jacket in the evenings, so this robe will be perfect to have to be all comfy and cute. Truman got me an "I Love You" balloon too! He said he didn't want to get me one that said Happy Valentine's Day because it's not about Valentine's Day, it's about the fact that he loves me, aww cute. A few weeks ago, Truman bought me some pink primroses which I have loved and enjoyed taking care of. He was going to get me a cute pot for them for V-Day, but they haven't been doing so well lately :(, guess I don't have the green thumb. Instead he got me another darling potted plant of some Red Parade Roses. I am so excited about them! They are absolutely adorable, and he picked out a pot for them that I can plant them into. I don't think I could have picked a better pot myself, it is so cute! Once again, I'm going to have to call my Mom of how to take care of this one. I smile everytime I see them, Truman said he wanted to give me something that would last, grow, and get prettier. To top it off, what would any Valentine's Day present be (to Amy anyway) without chocolate? haha. He got me some Butterfinger bites and some Russell Stover chocolates, which I was very excited about.
 Then we went to my favorite place to eat to have a romantic Cafe Rio dinner. I got my traditional pork barbacoa salad!


We had some movie tickets from Christmas from my Mom, and Truman was dying to see the movie 'Taken', so we went to go see that at the real theaters! Ooo luxury! The movie was great, and Truman and I seemed to be talking about it the rest of the evening. We highly recommend it!
It was a wonderful Valentine's Day! I did some service in the morning at Give Kids A Smile day that was held at our school. Dentists, hygienists, and dental assistants came from all around to volunteer to work on kid's teeth. It was really fun to help out, I was at the education booth for most the time teaching them all about their oral health. We even got cool shirts. It's the red one that I'm wearing in one of the pictures above. After that I went to go visit Truman at work for a while, when he came home from work, we took a nap, and then the festivities began! So it was a great, fun, and relaxing Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a perfect day!!! Im lovin the hot pink bathrobe!!!
XOXOXO,
mom

Yulia said...

Wow, Truman did more for you in one Valentine's day than Ben did for me in our whole marriage! Haha. Seriously though, I'm glad you had fun together. Keep it up!