Monday, May 21, 2007

YSA Camp Ritchie Service Project

CAMP RITCHIE SERVICE PROJECT

This picture right here is pretty famous --at least to Truman & me!
It's famous for 2 reasons, 1) This is the first picture that Truman & I ever took with each other. It was right after we officially were exclusively dating --Monday May 21, 2007 &
2) This is what Truman calls, his famous cheese face.




The Shingle Springs YSA Ward was in charge of a service project at the good ol' Camp Ritchie last year-- June 2, 2007. Truman & I were the Activity Committee Co-chairs in the Ward and were in charge of dinner and games to entertain everyone. We had a feast & played games with the ward in the lodge for hours. Afterwards Truman & I were going to go hang-out when he got the talk from Bishop Swimm about not passionately kissing when he found out that Truman was dating me. (This is before Truman had even kissed me! haha). Bishop Swimm was the other singles ward bishop and loves giving his advice haha. Truman & I had barely started dating the week before & there was so much to talk about (there's still always so much to talk about!). We went out on the rocks and JUST talked haha. We went on for hours and hours, and we were absolutely freezing --him with his windbreaker, and me with a little sweater. We were both shivering so much, but just having so much fun with each other, neither of us wanted to say goodbye. We were leaning up against a rock and it finally got to the point where we fell asleep for a little bit leaning on each other. We knew that camp had been completely silent for hours, and we finally decided to look at the time, it was 4:30 in the morning haha. We both laughed and decided we should probably go to bed. Then we woke up the next morning at 7am to do service! Blessings right?? We were so tired, but once again, it was so fun to just be with each other. Unfortunately we got assigned different tasks, but he would come flirt with me in the kitchen every once in a while and wash a few dishes. After the service project everyone got to play around the camp. Truman & I hiked down to the lake, and had a romantic canoe ride with BJ haha. Canoes rock so much, I've never been able to quite love them haha.
We rode back to Cameron Park with BJ driving, and us in the backseat. Totally innocent! haha, we just fell asleep on each other. I have such fond memories of it & still remember the night pefectly :).
I can't believe he's my husband now...

No comments: