This is one happy baby!
Dear Trooper,
You are our Little Big Guy! You love watching your sister and just want to be a part of the "pack". You kick your little leggies fierce when you are excited. We are still grateful for how good of a sleeper you are. We are proud of all your self-soothing by sucking your thumb...the right thumb that is. It's cute to see you find your left thumb and then work on getting your other hand over and then at last joyfully reunited with your right thumb. After naps or in the morning, you get so excited when you hear us come in. You can hardly hold yourself up you're so happy. You love it when Elle gives you attention and especially when she talks to you in your carseat. I can count on her to keep you entertained. Sometimes I will find her doing it on her own and she will be telling you things and then you start laughing together and she tells you how funny you are. Those moments make my heart sing. We love it when you are lying on your back and suddenly catch your hands, and then you pause to check out your great discovery. You love to bounce in your monkey seat but are still not a fan of trying to sit up yet. Your hair is getting thicker and you're continuing to get longer which also means you are losing some sweet chub. I adore your gummy smile and get sad when I think about you getting teeth...because teeth means growing up...and growing up means not being my little baby anymore. I was nursing you at church when a Mom came in to the room with this itty bitty 8-week old baby. My heart suddenly sank as I realized I didn't have the littlest baby anymore, that you are growing... I looked at and just took in... It pains me that those times are already in the past with you. It helps me to remember to hug you a little tighter, hold you a little longer, and to keep smiling because I get to have you.
Love, Mama










No comments:
Post a Comment