My little Elle was born exactly one year ago today at 11:10pm.
My life is forever better with you in it baby girl...
I did a hot air balloon theme for the party with the colors pink, white, and blue
I hate love to cake decorate.
Well...it's a love hate relationship. I enjoying the decorating and planning but hate the stress, mess, and complete take over of my life haha. However...I couldn't resist the opportunity to make my very first sweet baby girl her own fancy custom cake for her 1-year old birthday party!
All the decorations minus the banner are edible and yummy!
The bottom tier is 6" in diameter with 6 layers of chocolate cake with a swiss meringue buttercream filling covered in a dark chocolate ganache and then covered in a homemade marshmallow fondant. The top tier is 4" in diameter with 4 layers of strawberry cake with swiss meringue buttercream filling. I I cut or made all the decorations from modeling chocolate. This cake took a lot longer that I thought (like all my cakes) but I was happy with the result and proud to make my baby girl's first cake!
A big huge thanks to Jessicakes for granting me permission to use her awesome cake design!
Dessert Table
Jessica Harris designed this sweet hot air balloon cake off an invitation her sister-in-law had made for a party they were throwing together. I contacted her and got my own custom print for Elle's birthday party to match her cake.
I put up Elle's little birth announcement on the food table. I still can't believe she's the same baby!
Singing Happy Birthday
We helped her blow out the candle
We think Elle has a cow's milk allergy so no frosting for this baby :(
She sure enjoyed her chocolate cupcake though!
Elle is getting close to walking. She kept pushing off to stand on her own and could hold it for a couple seconds and then fall, but each time would be so proud of herself!
She was getting tired by the end but she was enjoying opening all the great gifts. I love it when she sticks her tongue out when she's concentrating.
Baby girl, you're growing up...
I still cannot believe my eyes. It truly seems like just yesterday the doctor placed you in my arms. I miss my helpless baby but love watching you grow.You are beautiful, silly, sweet, and vivacious. You have taught me a whole new kind of love. I am forever changed because of you. We read you a special book every day because we want you to always know that Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You...
I wanted you more
than you ever will know
so I sent love to follow
wherever you go.
It's high as you wish it. It's quick as an elf.
You'll never outgrow it...it stretches itself!
So climb any mountain...
climb up to the sky!
My love will find you.
My love can fly!
Make a big splash! Go out on a limb!
My love will find you. My love can swim!
It never gets lost, never fades, never ends...
if you're working...
or playing...
or sitting with friends.
You can dance 'til you're dizzy...
paint 'til you're blue...
There's no place, not one,
that my love can't find you.
And if someday you're lonely,
or someday you're sad,
or you strike out at baseball,
or think you've been bad...
just lift up your face, feel the wind in your hair.
That's me, my sweet baby, my love is right there.
In the green of the grass...in the smell of the sea...
in the clouds floating by...at the top of a tree...
in the sound crickets make at the end of the day...
"You are loved. You are loved. You are loved," they all say.
My love is so high, and so wide and
so deep, it's always right there, even
when you're asleep.
So hold your head high
and don't be afraid
to march to the front
of your own parade.
If you're still my small babe
or you're all the way grown,
my promise to you
is you're never alone.
You are my angel, my darling,
my star...and my love will find you,
wherever you are.
You are loved.
~ Nancy Tillman
Elle,
you are loved.
Love Mommy & Daddy



































4 comments:
That poem/book is beautiful! I already looked it up to order it. :)
I can't believe you did that cake Amy, that is incredible. Elle is such a cute little girl. I love her faces when she is standing and trying to walk. What a great day! Happy Birthday Elle!
That tongue-sticking-out-while- concentrating has gone down to at least 4 generations. Funny how something like that can keep happening.
Great party, cute party girl. We are all so happy Elle is in our lives.
Mom
Such a lovely birthday tribute to such a darling little girl! The party was great fun....the proof is in the pics!
Elle was the belle of the ball, for sure!
Hugs,
mom Weston
We were happy to share Elle's special day with her! She is such a positive and smiley party girl. And the cake was just as delicious as it was beautiful!
Post a Comment