Truman & I dressed up this year for Halloween as Prince Charming and Cinderella. We went home to visit family last weekend and attended my parents Trunk-or-Treat.
It was so funny because it felt like I was really a Princess in the Disneyland park because people kept coming up to me and asking to get their picture with me or parents getting pictures of me with their kids.
Now you're probably wondering where the costumes are from?
Well...the blue fancy dress is my prom dress from high school. I used my hoop skirt from my wedding under the dress to make it fuller. I sewed the bustle and attached it to a ribbon which is tied around my waste. I bought the white elbow length gloves for $7 from the Spirit Halloween store. I bought some black ribbon for the choker. I found a perfect color match headband. I made the earrings with the same fabric as the bustle and used a button cover kit and hot glue gunned old earrings on the back. I wore my silver wedding shoes and did my hair fancy to complete the Cinderella look.
Truman's Prince Charming costume took a little more work. The base white coat is one of my dental hygiene school lab coats. I hemmed it to fit his height and added a blue trim down the center of the jacket and around cuffs. I added gold fabric to the collar and to the cuffs. I added 2 gold buttons with little shields on them to the neck and cuffs. I bought a little medallion at JoAnn's for $1 and attached it to some red ribbon I had. I made the gold belt he is wearing by hot glue gunning some gold fabric to some light weight cardboard (end of wrapping paper roll) and then used some stiffer cardboard for the center of the buckle and lined it with gold ribbon. I sewed the same gold ribbon down each side of his navy blue slacks. I made the epaulettes with cardboard, gold fabric, tassels, and plenty of hot glue! I found gold rope at the craft store and already owned the sword from an old pirate costume of mine. And of course...a handsome guy to make a handsome Prince.
My sister Rachel and her little girl Aurora were Santa Claus and Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. So fun!
Shelly was dressed as Twiggy
My friend Ashley's husband and son, Mario & Luigi
There was another Prince Charming & Cinderella at our Trunk-or-Treat
My fellow Princess & me
Cupcake from my nursery class
Owl from my nursery class
Little Red Riding Hood from my nursery class
This little girl was so cute and sweet. She really did think I was Cinderella and kept coming up to me all night to talk, watch me, show me things, etc. Her parents told me Cinderella is her favorite Princess and this is the first year they were able to convince her to be anything besides Cinderella. So cute!
After Trunk-or-Treat we ate our traditional Halloween dinner at Chili's. On our way to Chili's, the people on Santana Row kept stopping us and asking to get our picture or running out of the stores to see us, it was hilarious. Afterward, Truman was a great sport and watched my favorite Halloween movie of all time with me, Hocus Pocus!







8 comments:
seriously- your costumes are amazing! and i love that you made/fixed them! I was thinking you must have spent a ton of money buying cool new costumes, but that is totally awesome that they are things you already had!
Amy- you should totally work as Cinderella at a Disney park! The costumes look fab!
Wow, you are amazing, Amy! So talented! :)
You did such a great job, I love those costumes! It looks like you two are loving CA!
Bravo again on the costumes! I'm glad you got such a good reception at Santana Row. :)
Did Truman hate Hocus Pocus as much this time around?
Really, all of the onlookers must have been thinking you work for Disneyland!!! Truman's white gloves are a nice touch too. Sooo, how are you EVER going top those costumes next year??? Well, you have a whole year to dream on that one, we can't wait to see what you come up with next....ha! It was so fun sharing some Halloween fun with you!
Love you,
mom
You guys look so great! I love hearing how you made them. My personal favorite part is that you used cardboard. I love cardboard. I love your dress though and awesome job with the coat for Truman!
Ps. I had my Frankenstein treats jar out all October and every time I see it I think of you. Thanks!
love,
Jill
Amy! I realized that I was a little unclear about my womb's status! I was telling the story of last year when we found out that we were pregnant with Tess. I'm not pregnant now, holy smokes! I can barely handle one!
I do think we should start a cardboard club or something. It is a resource that is not being used enough!
love you Amy, I'm so glad you're doing well.
Jill
Post a Comment