Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Tree Crafting

My sister-in-law Tracy & I have been feeling rather crafty lately and luckily we share this same interest. She introduced me to Jones Design Co. which is an awesome website with lots of fun tutorials. The website had a tutorial for 3 different types of ways to decorate your Christmas tree. Tracy & I both loved the "Whimsy" tree! I'm excited just thinking about it. Since this is my first Christmas tree to decorate I wanted to do something fun and also something I would love for years to come. Tracy & I made many things from the tutorial and also had our own ideas and inspirations. There were many hours of shopping for supplies at thrift stores, Joann's, Michael's, the Dollar Store, & more. We spent 2 nights crafting together from 7pm to 12:30am while our husbands played Call of Duty Black Ops and we all had pizza. It was a marathon of ornament, wreath, and garland making.

Here we are making our wreaths to top the tree. The tree we like has an interesting color scheme, but it's so fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say you've totally outdone yourself on the tree! Crafting it yourself gives such a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. This is something you will be proud of for years to come.
Love, Mom

Yulia said...

Looks fun, but I'm not going to say I wish I were there :) ...not very much into crafts and sleep is way too precious for me. till 12:30? for real? haha, just kidding! but, no, not really. I like when people give me crafts as a gift though :))