Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Amy's 23rd Birthday

I worked on my Birthday this year (again), I seem to be working a lot these days! For the last month I have been working 5 days a week which is a lot for dental hygiene. This is why I have been very busy and not as many updates, but they will come!
Anyway, my birthday, it was fun! Truman took me out to one of my favorite restaurants, Red Robin, which has always been a classic in my family. I ordered their classic gourment cheeseburger and it was delcious. Truman said he "had to go to the bathroom" which, let's face it, for Truman it's not that unusual --when really he was telling the Red Robin staff is was my Birthday and he wanted them to come sing to me.

They brought me this sundae and two balloons and sang me Happy Birthday. Truman & I enjoyed the free ice cream and getting to have a relaxed time eating good food together on a week day.

I also requested to see a movie for my Birthday, I gave Truman two options: Step Up 3D or Inception ...he chose Inception... I can't imagine why. haha.


Not only did he take me to the movies, but he took me to the IMAX. Let me tell you, it was a whole new experience! Crystal clear, screen ceiling to floor, better louder shaking you in your seat surround sound, it was awesome. Thanks for the splurge Truman!
Then there's my beloved red TOMS, I love them! They are so cute and so comfy and pretty much go with anything (or at least I'm wearing them with everything!) haha. To make them even better, the TOMS company has a "One for One" movement where each pair of TOMS shoes you buy another shoeless child gets one in return. You can read more about it on their website. Truman also got me some pepper spray (we're not living in Provo anymore), Trader Joe's chocolate protein powder, and a lap top desk called a "Cozy" which is the handiest thing in the world for a couch sitting lap topper like me. I love it and have been using it everyday, thanks for the great gifts Truman! Thank you for all the Birthday wishes everyone and thank you Tracy for the chocolate molten cake (I'm still dreaming about it) and thank you Becky for the gift!

3 comments:

Madre said...

Birthdays Birthdays....lots of them going on in the summer for the family! Looks like it was really fun Amy!
Good times...
becky

Yulia said...

Happy Birthday Amy! we miss you ...

Patria said...

Happy Birthday! (a little late, but no less sincere). Glad you had a fun celebration. Love the red TOMS! Love to you guys!