Friday, February 5, 2010

Speaking of Turbo Jam...

Font sizeFor Christmas 2008, I got these home work-out DVD's and have loved them ever since! The creator is a lady named Chalene Johnson. I grew not only to love the workouts she made, but the fun and energizing music she put them to. She is a super motivating instructor even though the video, haha. When we got the gym memberships to 24 Hour Fitness, I was really excited because they did Turbo Kick classes (which is what she created first, 13 years ago, & is the gym version of Turbo Jam).

She has also created Cha'Lean' Extreme (curcuit training), PiYo (mix of Pilates & Yoga), Turbo Fire (harder/faster, more sports training Turbo Kick class) and Hip Hop Hustle (fitness Hip Hop class).

When I was in my Turbo Kick class on Monday, my instructor said that Chalene Johnson (who lives in Southern California) would be coming to Park City on Friday at 6pm & would be doing a class for FREE!

Truman & I made a date out of it --no, I wish he went to the class with me, haha-- but we drove down there, I got to attend the hour class of Turbo Kick and half hour class of Hip Hop Hustle taught by Chalene Johnson and her best friend Monic. Truman went running, exercised, etc. on his own. Then we got some Cafe Rio afterwards for dinner!

The class had about 40 people in it & was mainly filled with some Turbo fanatics (such as I) and Turbo instructors. I have been exercising to her videos for the past year, and taking her classes at the gym, so it was super fun to attend a class taught by the creator. She has a crazy amount of energy and was so fun!

This is her and her friend Monica on the left. They changed into this clothing for the Hip Hop Hustle portion.


My Turbo Kick instructor from 24 who invited me to the event is the girl to the right of Chalene Johnson, named Shukria, she's so fun!

Chalene Johnson & me, Ahh I got a picture with her! She's famous to me! haha.

Excuse the sweaty nastiness, but we all just finished working for a hour and a half of butt-busting cardio. It was so much fun!

1 comment:

Yulia said...

holy cow Amy! good for you!! How old is this lady? She's amazing!