Shot Anyone???
I'm in my summer semester of hygiene school, and I can't wait till summer vacation!
During the summer we don't have clinic, but we are learning injections! This is my Local Anesthesia course taught by a dentist at our school Dr. Allan who loves to scare you into thinking you're going to paralyze someone. haha. It's rather nerve racking sticking a 2omm or 25mm needle in someone's mouth. haha. We are all shown how to do it on a skull in class and then get to do it once on a manican. Then your very first injection of that shot gets to be on your lab partner you drew that day. You always hope you draw a good one! Heidi Halvereson drew me --lucky her! haha. We did the Posterior Superior Alveolar (PSA) injection today and it is one we will have to pass off in our local anesthesia boards!
I dread going to this class because I know I'm going to get a shot, I know it will probably hurt (because it is all of ours first time), and the class is right before lunch --so I know I'm going to be numb eating my lunch haha.
As Dr. Molen said to us as he walked by: "It's better to give, than to receive".
I would say he's very wise haha ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment